The conversational AI technology group is looking for a software engineer to join the team developing services, platforms, and tools to support AI efforts. Preference is given to engineers who have a wide experience in server-side development of AI solutions, with a high degree of automation in testing and ci/cd.
What you will do and who you are:
- B.S. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Design and develop software components and maintain data repositories for usage in AI systems.
- You have a high bar for data quality and are responsible for ensuring that ground truth data is trustworthy
- You have an interest in NLP technologies and know what it takes to build scalable AI infrastructure
- You like working across teams, pulling in the best talent from the organization to achieve goals
- You contribute with new ideas, and evaluate multiple solutions with your peers before settling down on specific solutions
- You have a background in computer science, with several years of hands-on development, while at the same time having coordinated and orchestrated efforts, either as a team lead, team manager, or architect.
- You are self-driven, willing and able to take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions. You are constantly looking for ways to improve and automate your efforts.
- You have an interest in voice-powered technologies and products
We expect you to come with:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Having done work in multiple languages, using multiple software stacks
- Expert in python, working knowledge of Go, Node.js, and Java a plus
- Direct experience supporting AI services or platforms in a production environment
- Proficient in Linux, Docker, and related tools
- A stickler for automation, unit testing, regression testing, load testing and anything that improves the quality of the code.
- Have a good working knowledge of AWS or other large cloud system.
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed