Lowe's | September 2019 - Present
• Maintaining a core forecasting application–written in Bash, SQL and Python–for predicting weekly sales. • Leading the development of a custom forecast application–written in SQL and Python–for internal business partners. • Developed new python based error reporting software to evaluate weekly sales predictions. • Generated a representative sampling of item-locations to accelerate forecast evaluation. • Explored the effects of various weather features on sales forecast accuracy. • Assisted in the development of new python classes to evaluate forecaster performance.
Applied Mathematics Research Assistant
Virginia Tech | August 2015 - September 2019
• Formulated a novel algorithm to approximate the gradient of a scalar field from measurements along a fixed-wing UAS flight path and a Python based binary classifier for detecting Lagrangian transport structures, yielding 1 first author journal paper. • Created a new mathematical diagnostic based on tensor invariants to predict material transport in fluid flows–such as smoke in the atmosphere or oil in the ocean–and Python software for its implementation, yielding 1 first author journal paper. • Developed and applied a methodology to utilize sparse data from UAS measurements in order to analyze atmospheric dynamics and predict material transport, yielding 1 first author journal paper. • Wrote code in Python and Matlab to de-noise scalar fields using convolution filtering with Gaussian kernels and then extract ridge features from resultant images, contributing to 5 projects. • Participated in research projects in: data-driven reduced order modeling, prediction of material transport in geophysical flows, and dynamical systems theory, contributing to 4 journal papers. • Organized and lead bi-weekly lab group meetings, ensuring all lab members were up-to-date on each others’ latest research. • Presented findings at 3 professional conferences. • Mentored 1 undergraduate researcher.
CFD Research Assistant
Montclair State University | October 2013 - May 2015
• Built physics based computer models in COMSOL Multi-Physics to simulate fluid flow around a bio-inspired body with flexible appendages, yielding 1 primary author journal paper. • Simulated fluid structure interactions in collaboration with other researchers, contributing to 1 journal paper. • Discussed findings at an academic symposium. • Mentored 2 undergraduate researchers.
Developer, Web and Database
LiveTechnology Holdings, Inc. | June 2013 - November 2014
• Developed dozens of classes for the LivePlatform web-based data management system. • Debugged scores of web pages and server functions. • Trained 3 new developers in the use of company software. • Assisted in the management an object oriented commercial database.
Help Desk Technician
Flextronics | October 2010 - September 2011
• Conducted in-store troubleshooting, fixing and updating of cell phones, wireless routers, USB modems and tablet computers for Verizon Wireless. • Administered training sessions on proper usage of equipment and network capabilities.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)
Engineering Mechanics, PhD | August 2015 - May 2019
Montclair State University
Mathematics, MS | September 2013 - May 2015
State University of New York at Binghamton
Philosophy, B.A. | September 2006 - May 2008
User has not solved any challenges yet.
User has not participated in any contests yet.
User doesn't have any discussions yet.