Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge.
Make a positive impact on the world
Quora is a group of exceptionally talented people all working together to share and grow the world's knowledge. We believe our progress toward this mission will have a great long-term impact on the world. Knowledge is important to the world and the downstream effects of increased access to it are huge.
This is going to be around forever
Much of the knowledge that we are surfacing will still be useful years or decades into the future. Every day, as our content base grows, Quora gets more useful to everyone. In support of this, we are a long-term focused company and our goal is to build a sustainable independent business that can last forever. This means that your time spent here will not be wasted.
While working at Quora we face difficult programming challenges on a daily basis. Thus, we designed our problems to imitate real-world challenges. We also cover several different areas of programming to target a diverse range of expertise. There will be 3 main topics: Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, and Algorithms.
The winner will get an opportunity to meet with Quora CEO Adam D'Angelo
First 3 contestants will win a brand new iPhone 6
First 25 contestants will win Quora t-shirts
- We will be hosting the contest from December 6, 11:00 AM PST to December 14, 11:00 AM PST
- You will be asked to solve 9 challenges, each with its own point value
- Ties in score will be resolved by last successful submission time
- Please refrain from discussing strategies with anyone else during the contest
- Any case of code plagiarism will result in disqualification from the contest of all users involved
- HackerRank admins' decision will be final
- You can code directly on the site. The system supports 20 major languages. You can take a look at the environment in which your code is run