HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs. We are a skills-based hiring platform that helps companies evaluate technical skills, better. We’re driving a new paradigm shift by eliminating resumes and creating opportunities for hundreds of thousands of programmers worldwide. We have a community of 4M developers and 1,000 customers across industries, and the best part is we are just getting started. Our customers - including VMware, Twitter, Capital One, and many other Fortune 100 companies - rely on HackerRank to build strong engineering teams.
We've assembled an amazing team that’s passionate about creating more opportunities for people by changing the way companies hire. We are data-driven givers, who are extreme owners and love delighting customers. If you're interested in scaling HackerRank by working with some of the largest companies in the world, let’s talk.
HackerRank is growing its Mountain View, CA Engineering Center. This offers you a tremendous opportunity to be part of a growing high-performance team, focused on the mission to transform the way software developers are hired. The existing teams in Mountain View, CA focus on Data Science and Data Engineering. New teams focused on core product engineering are growing throughout 2018.
HackerRank for Work (HRW) is an enterprise SaaS product used by over 1,000 enterprises to assess technical talent. The HRW team in Mountain View, CA focuses on recruiter and hiring manager experiences, with an objective of making HRW an essential strategic platform for the leadership of any enterprise that is hiring developers. Enterprise workflows, scalability, security, data privacy, compliance, and integrations, are a few of the capabilities within the realm of this team.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE TO DO…
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications, communicate with stakeholders and refine
- A passion for quality and deliver well tested solutions
- Design and implement reusable web UI components
- Collaborate in a Agile environment
- Review, prepare and present design/code to colleagues
- Coordinating with extended development team and cross functional teams
WHAT YOU’VE ALREADY DONE…
- Built frontend using AJAX, REST and JSON
- Created components in React
- Used state management library like Redux
- Used unit testing framework (Karma, Mocha, Chai, Jest, etc.)
- Called REST APIs with React Components (Promise, Fetch, etc.)
- Familiarity with common front end development tools such Webpack, Babel, NPM, Git, etc.
- Familiarity with NGINX, Docker, CLI
GET EXCITED. Because you're about to have a huge impact.
HackerRank is growing fast and we're having a great time working together as we build! We're a fun, friendly, passionate bunch. We’re a team of teams and we’re looking for more smiling faces to come join us! The position is full-time and based in the heart of Mountain View.
PERKS & BENEFITS. As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough.
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks available for you and your dependents:
- 100% employee coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision; with 70% coverage for dependents
- Employee stock options, 401k, flexible work hours and time off, commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness classes, free lunches, snacks and endless supply of Philz Coffee
- Ping pong, scooters, foosball, and beautiful trails nearby, to name a few!