We are revolutionizing technical hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that enables our customers to assess technical skills effectively. We are growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is full-time and based in Bengaluru.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRank’s mission to “Accelerate the World’s Innovation”. You are excited to make an impact and enjoy designing a SaaS production infrastructure environment and releasing new features with the latest technology.
At HackerRank we use AWS and Google for cloud hosting. We are big on Kubernetes, and our development and production environments are containerized. Our storage services comprise mostly AWS managed services and our web applications are built on Ruby on Rails and React.JS.
You'll be working on:
- Implementing world-class DevOps practices for all the product development teams at Hackerrank. Ensure these are evangelized and followed.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines across all of our infrastructure environments: developer, QA, to our production.
- Envision, implement and rollout best DevOps tooling and automation for all of our services.
- We are unique in that we have consumers facing Ops infrastructure - help build and scale Hackerrank.
We're looking for:
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in DevOps with mentoring or leading a team
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes is mandatory.
- Tech stack: AWS, Chef, Ubuntu, Docker, Kubernetes, OpsGenie, Honeybadger, Errorception, Datadog, Newrelic
- Experience Dockerizing existing web applications
- Setting up alerts and monitoring for system infrastructure
- Monitoring system and application health
- Cost optimization
- Optimizing the utilization of Redis, Redshift, RDS, Memcache, ElasticSearch, Resque,
- Experience with security and compliance with industry standards such as ISO 27001, SOC2, FedRamp
- Experience with security, threat modeling, penetration testing, static analysis
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery; setting up and operating systems like Jenkins, Travis and providing infrastructure support for multiple suites of regression testing.
Perks and Benefits:
- Insurance to all employees (term life, personal accident, medical, gratuity) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
- Employee Reimbursements on gym, telephone, internet, and more
- Daily free lunches and delicious snacks
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,000+ companies across industries and 7M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!