HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier one Silicon Valley VCs. We are a skills-based hiring platform that helps companies evaluate technical skills, better. We’re driving a new paradigm shift by eliminating resumes and creating opportunities for hundreds of thousands of programmers worldwide. We have a community of 5M+ developers and 1,000+ customers across industries, and the best part is we are just getting started. Our customers - including VMware, Twitter, Capital One and many other Fortune 100 companies - rely on HackerRank to build strong engineering teams.
We've assembled an amazing team that’s passionate about creating more opportunities for people by changing the way companies hire. We are ambitious, data-driven givers, and we love delighting customers. If you're interested in scaling HackerRank by working with some of the largest companies in the world, let’s talk.
We're looking for a Dev Ops Engineer in our Bangalore office. You will also provide leadership in building an Infrastructure toolkit to be used across all HackerRank products. Our tech stack includes React, Rails, MySQL, Redis, Kafka, and a variety of AWS services like SQS, S3, Redshift.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE TO DO…
- Web and mobile products used by millions of programmers and thousands of tech companies globally. Couple of cutting-edge problems that our hackers solve.
- Build a sync infrastructure for supporting CodePair, real-time phone interview application, with an uptime of 99.99%
- Build a cloud-based android emulator (with no noticeable lag) to empower our online android assessment platform
- Our stack is primarily based on Ruby-on-rails and Node.js. We use Coffeescript, Backbone and AngularJS on the front-end and our databases comprise of MySQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Redshift. Read more about our extraordinary engineering team, inc. a former ACM ICPC judge/Kaggle 14 runner-up/Google code jam 13 winner, Google summer of code winners, finalists at Sequoia Hack and many more.
WHAT YOU’VE ALREADY DONE…
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in DevOps
- Tech stack: AWS, Chef, Ubuntu, Docker, OpsGenie, Honeybadger, Errorception, Datadog, Newrelic
- Experience Dockerizing existing web applications
- Setting up alerts and monitoring for system infrastructure
- Monitoring system and application health
- Cost optimization
- Optimizing the utilization of Redis, Redshift, RDS, Memcache, ElasticSearch, Resque,
- Experience with security and compliance with industry standards such as ISO 27001, SOC2, FedRamp
- Experience with security, threat modeling, penetration testing, static analysis
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery; setting up and operating systems like Jenkins, Travis and providing infrastructure support for multiple suites of regression testing.
GET EXCITED. Because you're about to have a huge impact.
HackerRank is growing fast and we're having a great time working together as we build! We're a fun, friendly, passionate bunch. We’re a team of teams and we’re looking for more smiling faces to come join us! The position is full-time and based in the heart of Bangalore.
PERKS & BENEFITS. “As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough!”
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks available for you and your dependents:
- Insurance to all Employees (term life, personal accident, medical, gratuity) along with insurance to their dependents(medical).
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours and time off.
- Employee Reimbursements on gym, telephone, internet etc.
- Our pantry is stocked with healthy snacks, fruits, Coffee and free catered lunch every day.
- Ping pong, hoverboard, foosball, PS4 and many office celebrations like Mafia games, outings, movie evenings to name a few!