HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier one Silicon Valley VCs. We are a skills-based hiring platform that helps companies evaluate technical skills, better. We’re driving a new paradigm shift by eliminating resumes and creating opportunities for hundreds of thousands of programmers worldwide. We have a community of 5M+ developers and 1,000+ customers across industries, and the best part is we are just getting started. Our customers - including VMware, Twitter, Capital One and many other Fortune 100 companies - rely on HackerRank to build strong engineering teams.
We've assembled an amazing team that’s passionate about creating more opportunities for people by changing the way companies hire. We are ambitious, data-driven givers, and we love delighting customers. If you're interested in scaling HackerRank by working with some of the largest companies in the world, let’s talk.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE TO DO…
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications; communicate and get stakeholder buy in; iterate and refine
- Develop a deep understanding of the personas we serve -- recruiters, hiring managers, leadership
- Deliver high quality product experiences to these personas -- in a quality conscious manner, and on a regular and predictable schedule — A passion for quality and delivering well tested and testable solution
- Design and implement REST APIs using Rails
- Collaborate in a Agile environment
- Review, prepare and present design/code to colleagues
- Coordinating with extended development team and cross functional teams.
WHAT YOU’VE ALREADY DONE…
- Total of 4+ years with experience in design and implementation of APIs.
- Strong coding, design, and architecture experience in any one programming language ecosystem (RoR, J2EE, Spring etc.,) is mandatory.
- Building, maintaining, and debugging distributed, web-based applications.
- Experience in building customer facing products is a big plus.
- Understand scalability and performance challenges. Ability to identify and fix performance bottlenecks.
- Building highly concurrent and low latency systems.
- Experience in using various components of backend stack such as cache (Redis, Memcached), RDBMS, NoSQL DB, web server (Nginx, HAProxy), app server (Tomcat, Unicorn), CDN.
- Need to have basic knowledge of web dev - HTTP headers, session management, cookies, etc.
GET EXCITED. Because you're about to have a huge impact.
HackerRank is growing fast and we're having a great time working together as we build! We're a fun, friendly, passionate bunch. We’re a team of teams and we’re looking for more smiling faces to come join us! The position is full-time and based in the heart of Bangalore.
PERKS & BENEFITS. “As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough!”
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks available for you and your dependents:
- Insurance to all Employees (term life, personal accident, medical, gratuity) along with insurance to their dependents(medical).
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours and time off.
- Employee Reimbursements on gym, telephone, internet etc.
- Our pantry is stocked with healthy snacks, fruits, Coffee and free catered lunch every day.
- Ping pong, hoverboard, foosball, PS4 and many office celebrations like Mafia games, outings, movie evenings to name a few!