We have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the World allowing creators, musicians and rights holders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more money while exposing their content to wider audiences.
- Build services that support our video indexing system
- Work on complex systems that support our micro-service infrastructure
- Very good knowledge of Java 8+, Scala or Kotlin
- Your code is stable and can run in production for months without falling apart
- You don't shy away from writing tests
- You have a good knowledge of SQL
- You have worked with a queue system before
On our Stack:
Our stack is very complex (softwareengineeringdaily.com/2018/06/22/video-search-with-rasty-turek), spanning tens of thousands of servers (cloud.google.com/customers/pex) and trillions of rows of data (citusdata.com/customers/pex).
On the front-end, we use TypeScript, mobx-state-tree, jest and cypress. On the backend it's a mix of Go, Java, C/C++ and some other languages for an exact purpose. For data we primarily use PostgreSQL (horizontally distributed by citus) and FoundationDB. We have an extensive CI/CD pipeline split between Jenkins and Drone.
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary & equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- $300/month to spend on commute or office/co-working
- 90 days of paid parental leave
- 30 days of PTO
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.