We have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the World allowing creators, musicians and rights holders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more money while exposing their content to wider audiences.
On our stack:
Our stack is very complex (softwareengineeringdaily.com/2018/06/22/video-search-with-rasty-turek), spanning tens of thousands of servers (cloud.google.com/customers/pex) and trillions of rows of data (citusdata.com/customers/pex).
On the front-end, we use TypeScript, mobx-state-tree, jest and cypress. On the backend it's a mix of Go, Java, C/C++ and some other languages for an exact purpose. For data we primarily use PostgreSQL (horizontally distributed by citus) and FoundationDB. We have an extensive CI/CD pipeline split between Jenkins and Drone.
- Build, manage and monitor our extensive infrastructure to ensure the highest uptimes possible
- Optimize our CI/CD pipelines using the latest industry standards
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Introduce, test and deploy new technologies that help our engineers to achieve their goals
- Espouse the SRE philosophy across the company
- Have long exposure to the POSIX ecosystem
- Built scalable infrastructure before
- Intimate knowledge of one of the major cloud services
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning with tools like Terraform, and Packer
- Experience with infrastructure automation with tools like Ansible
- Solid understanding of networking principles and TCP/IP
- Experience with kernel and network tuning
Extra points if:
- You're interested in or have experience with message queuing systems like PubSub, SQS, or Apache Pulsar
- You've ever analyzed a core file with GDB from an unfamiliar codebase and were able to determine the root cause
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Competitive Salary
- 90 days of paid parental leave
- 30 days of PTO
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.