Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
We are looking for outstanding, creative and passionate Machine Learning Engineer to join Roku's Recommendation’s team. You will be responsible for building and owning the next generation of content recommendation and other algorithms/systems that will make the experience for our many millions of Roku users 100% personalized and unique.
- 5+ years of experience applying Machine Learning to concrete problems, at large-scale.
- Strong CS fundamentals. Should be able to write an algorithm with ease.
- Good understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning fundamentals – Regression, Classification, Tree-based approach, Neural network, and sequence-based models. Understanding of NLP approaches like W2V or Bert. Should be able to identify the right KPIs and Objective functions.
- Good understanding of system architecture. Have experience in big data technologies – streaming architecture, data pipelines, etc.
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Build Recommender Systems for a living
- Experience with either Java, Scala OR Python
- Work with big data systems – Spark, EMR, S3, AirFlow
- Hold a PhD in CS or related fields
What in it for you?
- In this role, you can quickly grow into a tech lead or manager
- Work for Roku a leader in streaming platform.
- Work autonomously. We don’t do daily stand-ups or sit in team meetings all day. We expect individuals to drive the projects from ideation to delivery.
- Work with a team that has 100+ years of combined experience solving some of the hardest ML problems – Autonomous cars to Reinforcement Learning.
If you are results-oriented and are excited by the idea that Roku's success will depend on your ability to deliver cutting edge ML products, then the Roku Recommendation team would love to talk to you!!
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Hands-on and team-oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust the plan and react as needed