Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
- Collaborate with teams across Skillz to ensure security best practices are leveraged as we roll out new features and expand our platform offerings.
- Define and drive secure SDLC include: security best practices, security architecture, design/code reviews, threat modeling, security tools, penetration testing, incident response.
- Proactively research new attack vectors that may affect Skillz services.
- Research, prototype, integrate security tools into CI/CD pipeline, include: container security, static, dynamic, application scanning, third party vulnerability scanning, etc.
- Build automation and detection models to support identification of anomalous activity and response activities to mitigate insider and external threats at scale.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or related field or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of recent experience in a security focused engineering role within a large scale, cloud facing company.
- Experience in SaaS security models, cloud security architecture and cloud infrastructure.
- Understand security challenges in large-scale systems and service architectures.
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability to clearly articulate security content and risks, and mitigation.
- In-depth cloud infrastructure security to cover both the control and service planes.