Android is an operating system which is free and open-source, used in various devices such as mobiles, tablets, televisions, electronic book readers etc. Kotlin is the official programming language for Android Development. Kotlin is a cross-platform, statically typed, general-purpose programming language with type inference.
This competency area includes understanding how applications are initiated, basics of layouts and navigation, activity and fragment lifecycle and app architecture.
- First Application - Exploring the structure and components of an Android Project. Understanding the basics of Android such as creating text, images, and interactive buttons. Navigating the Main Map Anatomy
- Layouts - Knowledge about different kinds of views and resources. Arranging elements with the Android Studio’s Layout Editor. Connecting views with data through data binding
- App Navigation - Visualizing a map, or graph, of destinations that show navigation paths using Android Studio tools. Using Navigation patterns and user interface to see that the app will be intuitive and familiar
- Activity and Fragment Lifecycle - Creating Activity and understanding Android Activity Lifecycle. Navigating between activities
- Intent - Understanding and Using Intent.
- Event Handling - Handling Events using Event Listeners
- App Architecture (UI Layer) - Understanding the Lifecycle library: ViewModel and LiveData