Microsoft Azure is a platform that offers a broad feature set including hybrid cloud, support for open-source, integration with Microsoft tools and software, and many more over most of the parts of the world.
This competency area includes deploying Azure portal for creating an account, Azure Resource Manager for managing resources, pricing calculator for cost analysis, Azure Key Vault for security, and Azure identity services for secure access. This competency area also includes creating a cloud governance strategy by using Azure Blueprints for policies and decision-making to choose the Azure services using the service-level agreement.
- Usage of Azure Portal - Usage of the Azure portal to create an Azure account and handle computation services (Applicable for management role), data storage services, networking services, and security services (Applicable for Developer).
- Utilizing the Azure Resource Manager to manage resources - Deploying the Azure Resource Manager to organize resources, enforce standards, and protect critical assets from deletion.
- Cost analysis: Deploying the Azure pricing calculator to estimate the cost.
- Utilizing Azure Security Center to secure Network Connectivity - Strengthening the security posture and levying protection against Azure Security Center threats.
- Utilizing Azure Key Vault to store and access sensitive information - Storing and accessing sensitive information such as passwords and encryption keys securely in the Azure Key Vault.
- Utilizing Azure identity services for secure access - Usage of the single sign-on (SSO), multifactor authentication, and Conditional Access play for managing user identity.
- Creation of cloud governance strategy - Usage of Azure Policy and Azure Blueprints to create a comprehensive cloud governance strategy.
- Deciding the Azure service using SLAs and service lifecycle - Usage of the service-level agreements to choose the right Azure Services.