Microsoft Azure is a platform that offers a broad feature set including hybrid cloud, support for open-source, integration with Microsoft tools and software, and many more over most of the parts of the world.
This competency area includes connecting on-premises virtual network to Microsoft global network using CLI commands and ExpressRoute, cost optimization by Azure Cost Management and Azure Advisor, securing network connectivity using Azure Firewall, increasing scalability of service using CLI command, designing of the hybrid network using ExpressRoute, and creation of application gateway for balancing load along with using Azure network monitoring tools for troubleshooting networks.
- Connecting the on-premises virtual network to Azure - Usage of Azure CLI command to create Azure-side resources and on-premises network resources.
- Connecting the on-premises network to the Microsoft global network - Usage of ExpressRoute to integrate traditional networks with Azure for private, dedicated, and guaranteed throughput connectivity.
- Cost optimization - Deploying Azure Cost Management and Azure Advisor to optimize the cost.
- Securing Network Connectivity - Usage of Azure Firewall to control what traffic is allowed on the network.
- Enhancing Scalability and resiliency of service - Deploying Azure Load Balancer to distribute a load across the virtual machines.
- Creation of Application Gateway to balance a load of web service - Usage of Azure CLI command to create the Application Gateway for listening on an endpoint for incoming requests and forwarding these requests to one of the web servers back-end pool.
- Utilizing the Azure Network Monitoring tools to monitor and troubleshoot network - Usage of Network Watcher monitoring and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot a network.
- Designing a Hybrid network - Usage of Azure ExpressRoute to design hybrid networks.