CI/CD is the combined process of continuous integration and continuous delivery. CI/CD fills the gaps between development and operation activities. It increases the team's productivity by enforcing automation in building, testing, and deployment of software applications.
The key competency area includes setting up version control systems and build tools for CI and create a build, test, and deploy pipeline for CD.
- Knowledge of CICD tools - Fundamental knowledge of tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, AWS CodeBuild, Azure DevOps, Travis CI, etc.
- Knowledge of version control systems - Understanding the basics of various version controls systems like git, svn, etc.
- Knowledge of build tools - Understanding the basics of build tools like maven, Gradle, etc.
- Installation and Administration of CICD Tools - Installation and configuration of a typical CICD tool like Jenkins.
- Setup Build Pipeline - Knowledge of how to set up a build pipeline for CI and CD.