Django is an open-source web application framework based on Python, with a variety of features built-in that can be used to develop applications with ease and speed.
This key competency area includes performing complex database related operations using Django models in conjunction with Class-based views and the use of appropriate URL mapping as required. Understanding Templates, Authentication, and the ability to implement Rest APIs, customize Django Admin, among others.
Key Competencies -
- Models - Ability to understand and implement Django models having relationships such as One to One, Many to One, and Many to Many and perform CRUD operations across models using relationships. Ability to perform queries using field lookups, joins, aggregation, and search using filters.
- Views - Ability to implement views using Generic views or Class-based views.
- URL Configuration - URL Mapping using regular expression pattern matching along with passing arguments to process the URLs.
- Templates - Ability to use template tags, filters, and also write custom template tags and filters.
- Authentication - Ability to use Django’s built-in Auth module for user Authentication and Authorization.
- Rest APIs - Ability to implement Rest APIs using Django Rest frameworks’ generic API views, ViewSets, and URL routers. Users must also be able to implement authentication and authorization for the APIs.
- Django Admin Configuration - Ability to implement and customize Django admin for easy backed operations.
- Testing - Ability to implement automated testing using the built-in Django’s test module.