Docker is a platform that is designed to make it simple to create, update, deploy, and run containerized applications.
This competency area includes building images, understanding of basic DevOps commands for docker, Tags, and Labels, and running multiple services in a container, among others.
- Building Images - Building Docker images using the Image API, including building from git, tarballs, text files, or URLs.
- Basic DevOps - Understanding of basic DevOps commands for docker including versioning, top, history, and ability to view and understand system events that are provided by the Docker API.
- Tags and Labels - Creating, updating, listing, and sorting with tagged images.
- Running Multiple Services in a container - Testing a user's knowledge of running multiple services in a container.
- Orchestration - Running dockerized applications at scale using Docker Swarm or Kubernetes.