Drupal is a free and open-source web content management framework written in PHP and provides a robust back-end framework for websites. Drupal allows for handling various content types including video, text, blog, menu handling, real-time statistics, etc.
This competency area includes an understanding of site updates and backups, Drupal URL alias, process of detection and finding resolutions for errors on Drupal, among others.
- Backups and Upgrades - Knowledge of performing regular site updates and backups on Drupal using external file management systems.
- Drupal URL Alias - Configuring Drupal URL alias including configuring language, existing system path, and path alias.
- Error handling - Understanding of the process of detection and finding resolutions for errors on Drupal, including familiarity with the _drupal_exception_handler function.
- Triggers and Actions - Ability to create, modify and handle Triggers and Actions on a website. Triggers are changes happening within a site, and actions can be carried out either after triggers.
- Extensions - Using extensions through modules, to increase the functionality of a site.
- Site Security - Understanding of the Security Review module which automates testing and increases site security. Understanding of the Secure Permission module, and Login Security module.
- E-commerce - Knowledge of setting up an e-commerce site on Drupal, including setting up products, categories, taxes, discounts, shipping, check-out etc.