AWS DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service that provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability. This competency area includes working with DynamoDB streams, expression attribute names, expression attribute values, transactions, encryption, authentication, global tables, backups and restores.
- Streams: Enable stream on the DynamoDB table. Use AWS SDK to read and process the stream.
- Expression attribute names: Use expression-attribute-names for an expression that contains an attribute name that conflicts with a DynamoDB reserved word.
- Expression attribute values: Use expression-attribute-values to define an expression attribute value as a placeholder, and then compare an attribute with a value provided in expression-attribute-values.
- Transactions: Work with a query that uses TransactWriteItems and TransactGetItems to fetch the result as part of the DynamoDB transactions.
- Encryption: Use AWS KMS to enable encryption at rest for all user data stored in tables, indexes, streams, and backups.
- IAM Authentication: Create an appropriate IAM role and use it to authenticate access to DynamoDB.
- Global tables: Create a DynamoDB global table such that the data is replicated in two AWS regions.
- Backup and Restore: Use On-Demand Backup service for DynamoDB to back up and restore a DynamoDB table.