Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service that provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability. This competency area includes creating a simple DynamoDB table, understanding key concepts like items and attributes, doing basic operations on DynamoDB table, setting up autoscaling, and using consistency level for queries.
- Create table: Create a simple DynamoDB table using the AWS console, AWS CLI, and/or AWS SDK with a few attributes.
- Items & attributes: Understand the difference between items and attributes. Know about the attribute types and add an item into the DynamoDB table that has at least 4 different attribute types.
- Basic operations: Add, and delete an item in the DynamoDB table using the AWS console, AWS CLI, and/or AWS SDK.
- Primary keys: Create tables with 1) only a partition key 2) a partition key and a sort key.
- Read & Write Capacity: Configure the read and write capacity of the DynamoDB table.
- Update Item: Use DynamoDB UpdateItem operation with update-expression to update an item in the DynamoDB table.
- Autoscaling: Configure autoscaling for the DynamoDB table. Define a range (upper and lower limits) for read and write capacity units. Also, define a target utilization percentage within that range.
- Read & write consistency: Query DynamoDB with strongly consistent read. Configure the appropriate parameters for the read operation.