Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service that provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability. This competency area includes working with DynamoDB indexes, query & scan operations, filters, projections, batch processing and condition expressions.
- Indexes: Create a DynamoDB table with a local secondary index. 2) Create a global secondary index on the table.
- Query: Query a DynamoDB table to retrieve the required data.
- Scan: Use DynamoDB scan to retrieve the data and compare the operation with query.
- Filters: Use DynamoDB filter expression to filter out the required data. Use filter-expression with AWS CLI for scan and query operations.
- Projections: Use DynamoDB projection-expression to project only a few required attributes.
- BatchGetItem: Use BatchGetItem to retrieve multiple documents from the DynamoDB table. Configure the BatchGetItem for a strongly consistent read. Understand the limitations and behavior of DynamoDB BatchGetItem operation.
- BatchWriteItem: Use BatchWriteItem to put and delete multiple documents in the DynamoDB table. Understand the limitation, behavior, and error conditions for the BatchWriteItem operation.
- Condition Expressions: use DynamoDB condition-expression to put, update, and delete items conditionally.