Express.js, or simply Express, is a back end web application framework for Node.js, is fast, robust, and asynchronous in nature, and designed for building web applications and APIs. The primary use of Express is to provide server-side logic for web and mobile applications.
This competency area covers an understanding of Request and Response Objects, HTTP Methods, Simple Routing, among others.
- Objects - Basic understanding of Request and Response, both of which are the callback function parameters used for Express.js.
- Request Objects - Ability to work with the request object, which represents the HTTP request and contains properties for the request query string, parameters, body, HTTP headers, etc.
- Response Objects - Ability to work with the response object, which specifies the HTTP response when an Express.js application gets an HTTP request. Sending responses back to the client browser, modifying cookie values are also part of this competency area.
- HTTP Methods - Basic understanding and Usage of HTTP Methods (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE) using the Express instance.
- Simple Routing - Understanding routing procedures to facilitate HTTP Methods.