Flutter is a free and open-source mobile UI framework created by Google.This cross-platform development framework enables us to use the same codebase for different platforms like Android, iOS, Web, Desktop, etc. Flutter requires fewer efforts, lesser time, and smaller investments for app development.Flutter solves the most challenging part of the other cross-platform frameworks, i.e., getting rid of the BRIDGE. Flutter does not use the OEM widgets, it provides its own widgets.
This competency area includes writing platform specific code, complex animations , hooks, firebase and firestore, Rest APIs, adding flutter to existing app, testing and debugging and performance and optimization.
- Writing Platform Specific Code - Using the dart:io library to detect runtime platforms and create separate UIs for iOS and Android in the same Flutter app.
- Complex UI and Animations - Understanding how animation controller works and creating custom animations. Using dart mixins to extend class functionality
- Integrating location and maps - Adding location services and integrating google maps
- Flutter Hooks - Separating the UI logic into independent and composable "hooks" that will instantly improve code sharing, cleanliness and thus also maintainability.
- Firebase and Firestore - Setting up user authentication using Firebase. Using Firestore database.
- Notifications - Sending messages to users using notifications. Designing and styling notifications and adding buttons and actions to notifications. Sending push messages using Firebase Cloud Messaging
- Rest API - Accessing rest api and CRUD applications using rest api.
- State Management - Managing state using Redux, BLoC, MobX, Riverpod, etc
- Integrating flutter into existing app - Adding flutter app to existing application as a library or module.
- Testing and Debugging - Debugging apps programmatically. Handling errors and performing various testing methods.
- Performance and Optimisation - Taking care of the app size. Rendering performance and considering performance metrics.