Golang is a popular language invented at Google in 2007. It is statically typed, and a compiled programming language. It is a common language that is used with cloud computing technologies, container orchestration tooling such as Docker and Kubernetes, ease to build CLI tools, web services and is popular tools for building DevOps and site reliability engineering tools.
The core competencies include covering basic language features of Golang, simple data structures, arrays, maps, data types, and interfaces.
- Common Golang Features - Covering basic language features such as program flow, use of packages, and types.
- Understanding Basic Data structures - Understand how to work with simple data structures including strings, nil types, dates, numeric, and slices.
- Work with Collections - Work with simple data structures, like arrays, custom data structures, and maps- their creation and usage
- Passing values to functions - Working with passing arrays, maps, and other data structures to functions.
- Types and Interfaces - Understanding the differences between structs, user-defined data types, and interfaces.