Golang is a popular language invented at Google in 2007. It is statically typed, and a compiled programming language. It is a common language that is used with cloud computing technologies, container orchestration tooling such as Docker and Kubernetes, ease to build CLI tools, web services and is popular tools for building DevOps and site reliability engineering tools.
The core competencies include working with functions, understanding named returned parameters, pointers, file handling, and error handling.
- Function Execution - Working with functions, understanding named returned parameters, multiple return values and deferred statement
- Working with Pointers - Differences between the * and & operators
- File Handling - Working with inputs and outputs to files
- Web Service Development - Building Web Service API’s in go
- Error Handling - Working with errors, panic, recovering from errors in code.