Kubernetes (K8s) is an open-source system for containerized applications. It allows you to automate the deployment, scaling and management of containers at scale.
This competency area includes Kubernetes Installation and Configuration, deployments and clusters, working with Kubernetes services to access deployments, creating configs, and secret data, among others.
- Kubernetes Installation and Configuration
- Kubernetes Deployments and Clusters - Creating different kinds of deployments and understanding how to work with the deployments API. Stateless and State-full Deployments. Knowledge of Pods, Deployments, Services, Storage, ingress and persistence.
- Accessing Kubernetes applications with Services - Working with Kubernetes Services to access deployments.
- Scaling Kubernetes Applications - Scale applications up and down.
- Deleting Applications - Understanding how to delete various Kubernetes objects.
- Setting up different workloads in Kubernetes - Understanding how to deploy different kinds of applications, from microservices, jobs and crons.
- Microservices in Kubernetes - Deploying sample microservices to a cluster.
- Creating configs and secret data - Dealing with configuration and secret data with clusters. Creating config maps.