.NET Core is an open-source cross-platform framework. .NET Core apps can be created using multiple programming languages.
This competency area includes understanding .NET Classes, facilities for Input and Output, transforming data, and implementing simple REST API Services.
- Type System - Understanding the categories of types supported by .Net. Classes, Structures, Enumerations, Interfaces, and Delegates.
- Input/Output - .Net Facilities for input and output, including reading from files, network and making HTTP requests
- Transforming data - Parsing and formatting data using String/Datetime/JSON/XML libraries
- Collections - Understanding standard library generic data structures like List, Dictionary, Set and applicable use cases
- LINQ (Language Integrated Query) - Using basic LINQ queries to query, summarize and transform data in collections and objects
- Routing - Direct an incoming request based on the URL pattern.
- Memory cache - Knowledge about the default memory cache instance, limits, and others.
- Build a simple REST API Service - Implementing an application to serve REST endpoints.