.NET Core is an open-source cross-platform framework. .NET Core apps can be created using multiple programming languages.
This competency area includes configuring data access, exploring .NET Core and Framework, the common language infrastructure, assemblies and developing localized applications.
- Data Access - Knowledge of database API in .Net, ADO.Net, and Entity Framework.
- Intermediate LINQ - Able to use LINQ to group objects, perform sub-queries and joins and utilize the full declarative power of LINQ.
- .Net ecosystem - Understand the difference between .Net Core and .Net Framework. And how .Net Standard aims to provide a standard set of APIs to program with
- Common Language Infrastructure - Understand Common Language Infrastructure and how it enables multiple languages like C#, F#, and VB to run on top of the same runtime. Includes knowledge of Roslyn compiler API and various runtimes that are .Net compliant.
- Assemblies - Knowledge of assembly file format, metadata facilities, and how code is linked with other modules.
- Globalization and Localization - Understand .Net facilities for developing applications that can be localized into one or more languages.