Oracle APEX is a web-based development and deployment tool available with all Oracle databases, and database cloud services. It is used to create modern database-centric web applications that are reliable, scalable, and secure.
This competency area includes data manipulation, user interface, security, accessibility, monitoring, and globalization.
- Data Manipulation - Understand the interactive features in the interactive grid region for a better representation of the data in charts, reports, forms, etc.
- User Interface – Use a Universal Theme user interface enabling developers to easily build modern responsive web applications that are highly accessible, easily customizable, and easy to maintain.
- Security – Ability to use the built-in authentication schemes to integrate it with cloud-based authentication providers, the company's LDAP repository or using the local Oracle APEX workspace repository, and also the authorization schemes that define access to the application, pages, and page components.
- Accessibility – Ability to use this feature to build highly accessible web apps that provide an inclusive user experience for users with different abilities and requirements.
- Monitoring – Use this feature to identify hacking attempts, performance issues, and application errors.
- Globalization – Ability to translate applications as well as localization.