PowerShell is a cross-platform task automation and configuration management framework, consisting of a command-line shell and scripting language.
This competency area includes basic programming related concepts like Looping, Conditional Statements, and Array/ Hashtables operations. This area covers concepts that are essential for expressing logic efficiently using PowerShell.
- Looping - Knowledge of the simple application of looping concepts with commands such as ‘For,’ ‘ForEach,’ ‘While,’ and ‘Do..While.’
- Conditional statements - Executing instructions based on certain conditions with statements such as ‘If-Else,’ Nested If blocks, and ‘Switch.’
- Operators - Performing operations through operators such as Arithmetic, Logical, Assignment, Redirectional, etc.
- Array and Hashtable - Executing input and processing operations for Array and Hashtables.
- Regex - Usage of Regex in PowerShell to make scripts smarter.