PowerShell is a cross-platform task automation and configuration management framework, consisting of a command-line shell and scripting language.
This competency area covers concepts such as File IO, Files, and Folder traversal, Array, and Hash Tables. These are used to perform IO (Input-Output) operations, thus adding dynamic elements to our logic. The creation of scripts that enable File and Folder manipulation along with usage of Date and Time functions forms the core idea of this module.
- Cmdlets - Usage of basic Cmdlets (Command Let) to achieve specific functionalities in PowerShell.
- File and folder options - Deploying File/ Folder options for Creating Files and Folders, Copying/Moving Files and Folders, and Checking File/ Folder existence.
- Date and time - Setting Date/Time using Date and Time functions in the library.
- File IO options - Creating scripts that enable CRUD operations for any type of file.
- Automatic variables - Usage of some special variables in PowerShell to store information about PowerShell.