Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language, and one of the most popular languages for rapid development across multiple platforms. Python enables developers to focus on the core functionality of the application by abstracting common programming tasks.
This competency area includes understanding scalar types, operators and control flow, types in Python, modular program design, among others.
- Scalar Types, Operators and Control Flow - Define, call and return from functions, create and break out of for and while loops, use conditional branching, iterate lists and multiple lists (using zip).
- Types (Strings, Collections, and Iteration) - Knowledge of scalar data types, lists, dictionaries, sets, tuples, etc. Knowledge of iterable and mutable types.
- Modular Program Design - Knowledge of modular design concept, import complete modules, or individual classes. Understand the use-cases for object-oriented and procedural programming
- Object-Oriented Programming - Understand when the use of classes is appropriate, create classes. Initialize, modify, and retrieve class attributes.
- Built-in Functions - Knowledge of built-in python functions like map, lambda etc.