Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language, and one of the most popular languages for rapid development across multiple platforms. Python enables developers to focus on core functionality of the application by abstracting common programming tasks.
This competency area includes understanding Closures and Decorators, using magic methods in Python, Collections, Exceptions, Errors, and using Context Managers.
- Closures and Decorators - Use closures effectively to store and retrieve data that is out of scope. Use decorators to wrap functions, transparently adding additional logic or parameters.
- Object-Oriented Programming - Use magic methods like __iter__, __str__, __repr__. Use inheritance and polymorphism
- Collections - Use collections data types, e.g. Counter, defaultdict, OrderedDict, deque.
- Exceptions and Errors - Identify where errors and exceptions may occur. Understands the use of try/except uses at appropriate times best practice: minimizes code within the block Proficient in catching and handling error conditions providing a graceful exit.
- Context Managers - Use a context manager. Create context manager classes with __enter__ and __exit__ methods. Create a context manager class as a generator. Handle errors and exceptions within the class.