React Native is an open-source mobile application framework. It is used to develop applications for Android, Android TV, iOS, macOS, tvOS, Web, Windows, and UWP by enabling developers to use React's framework along with native platform capabilities.
This competency area includes understanding basic navigation, components, elements, and form validation, among others.
- Basic Navigation - Understanding navigation between different components.
- Understanding React Native Components - Basic knowledge of React Native components like buttons, images, flatList, etc.
- Rendering Elements - Generating dynamic elements such as lists or forms.
- State Management (Internal Component State) - Creating and updating state values in-class components.
- Handling Events - Executing functions and updating state variables when an event occurs.
- Form Validation - Validating form data against rules before accepting input and alerting the user with an error message when validation fails.