React Native is an open-source mobile application framework. It is used to develop applications for Android, Android TV, iOS, macOS, tvOS, Web, Windows, and UWP by enabling developers to use React's framework along with native platform capabilities.
This competency area includes managing controlled components, rendering views based on parameters, creating custom reusable components, among others.
- Components and Props (Controlled Components, Multiple, Component Lifecycle) - Managing controlled components through hooks or using setState(), familiarity with passing properties from one component to another, familiarity with the component lifecycle, e.g. (un)mounting, updating, error handling. Familiarity with Controlled and Uncontrolled Components.
- Navigating with Params and Options - Rendering views based on parameters passed and altering app shell state based on options.
- Use APIs - Fetching data using web requests, process and display data retrieved
- Basic Hooks (useState, useEffect) - Familiarity with the two most commonly used hooks: useState and useEffect.
- Authoring Custom Components - Creating custom reusable components with props and custom styles
- Typescript Support - Creating React Native App using Typescript (TSX)