Scala combines object-oriented and functional programming in one concise, high-level language. Scala is a strong statically typed general-purpose programming language which supports both object-oriented programming and functional programming.
This key competency includes a basic overview of Scala OOPS, basic syntax, features, and functional programming.
- Basic Syntax and Overview - Understanding of basic syntaxes and coding conventions in Scala programming. Ability to use Scala in interactive and script mode, and a basic understanding of OOPS concepts applicable to Scala.
- Data Types, Variables, and Literals - Knowledge of data types, variables and literals in Scala (same as Java), along with the knowledge of their memory footprint and precision.
- Conditional Expressions - Ability to use Scala conditional expressions such as if, if-else, nested-if, and if-else-if ladder to test conditional expressions in Scala.
- Pattern Matching and Looping - Ability to perform basic operations using For, While, and pattern matching.
- Functions - Understanding of the functional programming approach used in Scala and ability to work with higher-order functions.