Spring Boot is an extension of the Spring Framework that helps developers build simple and web-based applications quickly, with less code.
This competency area includes configuring a Spring MVC application, Basics of the Spring framework, working with REST APIs, writing a unit test for a simple application, among others.
- Configure a Spring MVC application - Configuring a Spring MVC application using Spring Boot.
- Basics of the Spring framework - Using dependency injection, inversion of control, and application context.
- Build Simple REST APIs - Set up a web server, build REST APIs, perform CRUD operations, serve resources.
- Bootstrap a simple application using Spring Initializr - Generating a basic Spring Boot project structure with a Maven build specification.
- Utilize the Spring Boot CLI and Groovy to create an application - Writing a Groovy script and running via the Spring Boot CLI to author a simple RESTful API.
- Configure an application to run in multiple environments - Configuring an application to run in multiple environments (e.g. DEV, QA, or PROD) using Spring Boot Profiles.
- Generate an auto-configuration report - Generating Spring Boot’s auto-configuration report in order to boost productivity when developing applications.
- Write a unit test for a simple application - Enabling testing in a Spring Boot project and writing unit and integration tests.