Storage Administration skill requires understanding and expertise in the following areas of administration: Install, deploy, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot & support of storage systems.
- Physical Storage Servers:
- Understanding of Storage Servers, RAID levels, Knowledge of ISCI – direct presentation to servers (Windows Servers), data volumes on a storage server, creation & attaching to Virtual hypervisor hosts servers (VMware, HyperV)
- Presenting LUNs to Virtual Host Servers, Monitoring storage array performance, & HDD capacity on storage servers & VM Host Datastores
- Physical disk upgrade in storage arrays, Scale arrays with additional storage servers
- Administration of NAS technologies, NFS and SMB file sharing.
- Physical Servers and Operating Systems Administration: Administration of HP, Dell, Windows and Linux
- Hypervisor: Working knowledge of VMWare/HyperV hypervisors, installation, configuration, deployment on data stores, virtual disk provision types (thin vs thick)
- Data Replication: Setup data/volume replication between two or more storage servers
- Data Archiving: Usage of tape backup equipment for archiving backups & understanding of public cloud archiving technologies
- Backup and recovery: Usage of backup types (Backup-to-disk B2D vs Backup-to-tape B2T), Snapshot management of VM states, Site recovery manager & recovery technologies such Veeam
- Business continuity: DR & BC planning, implementation, and testing
- SAN networks: Installation & configuration of switches used in SAN networks