Terraform allows you to build, change, and version your infrastructure using infrastructure as code techniques. It allows to set configuration files to define your applications or infrastructure, and stores the state of your infrastructure to modify or update.
This key competency includes understanding backends, using the MySQL, local, and time provider to manage database instances, debugging, modularizing, and understanding the Terraform Graph API.
- Understanding Backends - Working with local and remote backends and understanding how to use them.
- Working with the additional provider: Using the MySQL, local, and time provider to manage database instances, local data and time-based providers to understand how to use providers.
- Debugging Terraform - Verifying that Terraform logs can be read and understand how to read debug information.
- Modularizing code - Splitting up code in a modular manner and using best practices to split up larger codebases into more modular components.
- Understanding the Terraform Graph API: Working with the TF graph API to learn how to build a visual representation of the configurations.