Terraform allows you to build, change, and version your infrastructure using infrastructure as code techniques. It allows to set configuration files to define your applications or infrastructure, and stores the state of your infrastructure to modify or update.
This key competency includes Deploying Terraform Configurations, Launching and changing an AWS instance using Terraform, Working with the Terraform Registry, resources and outputs, among others.
- Deploying Terraform Configurations - Using the Console and CLI, variables, functions, and modules.
- Launch an Amazon Web Services Instance using Terraform - Launching an AWS instance using Terraform resources and plans.
- Changing Amazon Web Services Instance using Terraform - Changing an already existing AWS instance deployed by Terraform to a different instance type and properties using Terraform config files.
- Working with the Terraform Registry - Working with the Terraform Registry to deploy registry modules.
- Destroying Resources - Deleting existing TF resources and working with the delete API.
- Outputs - Understanding how to retrieve specific values from the existing infrastructure.