Terraform allows you to build, change, and version your infrastructure using infrastructure as code techniques. It allows you to set configuration files to define your applications or infrastructure, and stores the state of your infrastructure to modify or update.
This key competency includes working with the Docker Provider, importing existing Infrastructure, working with Terraform Secrets, Conditionals, Counters, Functions, and working with Variables.
- Working with the Docker Provider - Using the TF Docker provider to launch Docker containers.
- Importing existing Infrastructure - Working with import API to import existing TF infrastructures.
- Working with Terraform Secrets - Understanding how to work with sensitive data in Terraform while creating infrastructure.
- Conditionals, Counters, and Functions - Working with the mechanics of Terraform including functions, counters, and conditionals.
- Working with Variables: Understanding how to use variables with Terraform to pass values to functions and TF infrastructure.