Clock is ticking. More and more contestants are registering every minute. So go ahead, register for Codesprint India 2014, and start practicing on HackerRank. Happy hacking!
Top 500 teams can apply for some awesome Silicon Valley jobs, and will also win:
Top 10 teams will also receive certificates signed by Vinod Khosla, and top 30 teams will receive HackerRank T-shirts. All participants with at least one successful submission in any of the Qualification Round will receive $50 in AWS credits. Some more prizes will be announced in due course. Sounds amazing, right? :)
This is a team contest, and each team consists of 1 or 2 members. Before starting the contest, make sure to go through the details about our coding environment. To get accustomed with it, check out the practice contest here.
- Number of teams shortlisted after Qualification Rounds (QR1 and QR2) - 4322
- Number of teams shortlisted after Elimination Round 1 (ER1) - 489
- Number of teams shortlisted after Elimination Round 2 (ER2) - 9
ER2 results here. A minimum of Top 2 teams from each India region (North, South, East, West) + All teams in overall Top 5 of ER2 are shortlisted for onsite finals.
Process to claim AWS credits will be shared by 10-Oct-14.
Process to claim prizes and applying to companies will be shared by 16-Oct-14.
- The challenges will be a mix of algorithm puzzles, single & multiplayer games, approximate algorithm challenges and a codegolf challenge
- All the challenges except the multiplayer game will have a predetermined score. Score of a game is calculated using Bayesian Approximation
- We have a custom match making algorithm that picks the opponents for the multiplayer game. You can see this at MatchMaking
- This contest will appeal to programmers who're interested in interesting algorithmic challenges, AI challenges and of course general programming
- Hence the final result will be declared post running all the games
- HackerRank admins decision will be final
- Please refrain from discussing strategy during the contest.
- Any case of code plagiarism will result in disqualification of both the users from the contest. We've a fairly good plagiarism detector that works at the opcode level.
- You can code directly on our interface. We support 27 programming languages. You can have a look at the environment in which we run your code
Campus AmbassadorsWant to be a HackerRank Campus Ambassador and win prizes? Click here to know more.
HackerRank will always be free for programmers to participate. The companies sponsoring the event will be some of the best in their respective industry. The way we make money is by connecting you with the companies iff you're interested in working for any of them. We’ll send you an email declaring the results which will have a form to indicate if you’d be interested to talk to any company and we'll notify them. The goal of HackerRank is to build an engaged community of problem solvers. The job application process is purely opt-in.