HackerRank for University Recruiting
The strategic approach to university hiring
A winning university recruiting program is about more than one-off standardized tests sent in the fall.
With HackerRank, university recruiters can develop a comprehensive and competitive approach to reaching, assessing and hiring new grads and student developers — at scale.
Diversify Your Search
In our University Tech Talent Report, we analyzed more than 1 million certification attempts from students on HackerRank — and found the universities around the world with the largest populations of students with these skills. Read the full report for more details on where new talent is emerging.
Report consists of:
1,000,000 certification attempts in 14 skills from students at over 1,000 universities spanning 102 countries.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS
- CAMPUS EVENTS
Reach a broader pool of candidates, remove bias by anonymizing Personal Identifiable Information (PII), and ensure tests are accessible to all
- Expand outreach to more schools with less effort and automation
- Anonymize candidate’s PII and programmatically remove unconscious bias
- Reach students with accessibility needs with WCAG 2.0 compliance
- Easily provide special accommodations to students who need more time
World-class proctoring and plagiarism detection with machine learning software, leaked question remediation
- Ensure the veracity of the score and fidelity with proctored environments and randomized questions
- Automatically detect common criteria including:
- Measure of Software Similarity (MOSS)
- Copy and paste
- Similarity across language versions
- Submission timeframe
- Test score
Technical Skills Standard
Partner with the global leader in technical skills assessments
- 188 million code submissions across all technical challenges and interviews
- 18 million developers assessed
- Used by 2,800+ global customers
Leverage out-of-the-box validated and auditable assessments tested for reliability and fairness
- Comprehensive job criterion mapped to specific roles, skills and levels
- Validated and auditable content library based on HackerRank’s curated Skills Directory
- Standardized scoring methodology measures correctness, speed and efficiency
Campus Events at Scale
Get the most out of (virtual) career fairs and hackathons scaling to thousands of students. With the help of our professional services team, you can:
- Support 50,000 concurrent participants
- Leverage advanced proctoring and plagiarism detection
- Provide custom content
- Execute with dedicated web, email & phone support
“HackerRank has actually allowed us to look for diamonds in the rough that our old process didn’t give us the time or resources to look for.”
“We saw immediate gains in time savings from our hiring managers when screening software engineering candidates. For the first time, we could see the strengths of the technical skills early on in the interview. ”
Over 10,000 student developers share insight on their skills, learning methods, and job priorities.